1.4.10

update from Tansen

So been here for just over 24hrs and I think I've been regenerated as I feel as if I'm actually contributing. Today started with a ridiculously good rest (as always indicated by drool)...
 
0700 up and got some reading and praying in.. was actually up earlier too
0745 doctor's group devotions at the hospital followed by doctors rounds with a paediatrician from the states. Helped with inhouse NRP training and running through scenarios was fun and refreshing seeing people gain skills and understand the reason for doing what needs to be done in an effort to save lives best - as we know so far.... Day was done @ 1715 and went out to the city to explore and roam with my aunt. dinner for cheap and good...
 
coolest reading today: Mark 5:21-43: presents a medical case of and lady with idiopathic symptomatic hemorrhaging persisting for 12yrs. The text says that she endured much at the hands of physicians and had spent all she had and was not helped at all, but rather had grown worse. This comes at a fitting time where I am seeing a lot of people with diseases that persist far beyond any reasonable time. Nevertheless, this lady is instanteously cured through her physical act prompted by faith. Make me wonder whether my faith or belief in what I do can help address the hemorrhaging that is going on in the world today. Is that what it means to have faith?
 
The other interesting thing is that this story is encapsulated in a larger story of a 12yr old child who is 'resurrected'. Interesting how the use of 12yrs is used again. For as long as one person was alive, another was hemorrhaging. So while we may seem to be hemorrhaging for a lifetime, there is still hope. 
 
Thank you to all who have written words of encouragement as I try to make sence of all that my senses are trying to process. It's tough, but finding so solice being away from the craziness of Kathmandu in a quieter place where I can breathe and begin to think a bit more. 
 
Hope you are all well... 
 
peace,
e  

No comments: