30.4.07

Goals

I had an opportunity to share at Brampton Chinese Baptist Church - my home and raising church. It went ok, but there's so much more that I want to share with them. I really hope to be able to share effectively with my brothers and sisters here. I have many people to thank for their support in advising, proof-reading, instructing, etc. I thought it could have gone better it more prepared and perhaps had more down time to figure out how to clearly articulate the message God has to the church.

3 goals for the trip
1. Personal: to learn what it means to be poor in Spirit (Matthew 5:3) --> that His work might be done on earth as it is in Heaven -- is this interpretation correct?
2. Professional: to learn how healthcare system works and participate in air quality research
3. Member of the body: to learn what it means to be part of God's body (implied global in nature) - in that also being cognisant of other parts of the body (i.e. the rejoicing and suffering of the Nepali church)

Along the way, I will be consistently studying the Bible, working in the hospital, with researchers and fellowshipping with members of the body. I will also be formally sharing with the Nepali church there. Please pray fro acute sensitivity to the spirit for the message to share with them.

No comments: