16.4.07

Visa

For all those people diligently praying for the visa:

I got a call from the Honorary Nepalese Consulate Dr. Kunjar M Sharma this morning right after my exam. He called in response to my inquiry about a visa.
 
notes from the conversation:
- Monsoon season will hit hard mid-June --> mid-sept easpecially in the south eastern part of the country. - I absolutely detest rain, but I guess I'll have to learn to deal with it. Afterall, it is a blessing - must change attitude to be open to see what He's doing.
- make sure you eat cooked stuff
- drink beer, tea, or double filtered water
- Visa applications will be distrbuted on the plane,
-->they go for $30 USD. make sure you have exact change or else they might say, oh sorry, we only have a $5bill for your $50 bill. but generally ppl are really nice/friendly there
-->make sur eyou bring a passport photo so you don't have to stand in line
- dress code is loosefitting pants (jeans will do)
- to blend in a bit more you can purchase a traditional nepali dress (tight pants/long button shirt and jacket and a hat for a good price) it'll take 3 days to make

No comments: