30.1.10

Weekly update

So spent a lot of time going through some lectures by Randy Pausch - author of Last Lecture who was basically giving a lecture on how to live your life for his kids after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Lots of good honest truth in what he has to say. It's just a shame that we as a society think that we are so safe and free from the clutches of death in our earlier years. I pray that Christians might live with the Spirit's energy in such a way that leave people undoubtedly knowing that they have had an encounter with the presence of God.

An update on the trip so far. This trip has been continually haunting me. On the one hand, I feel as if failure is highly probable given the craziness of this undertaking. But on the other hand, I realize that all things are possible shoudl this be something that God desires. I've been very blessed with the accountability of some people pushing me on (e.g. BABU buddies). This week has also been extremely awesome for a couple of milestone markers.

Below are update bulletins
a) Infant flow driver obtained. It is currently being shipped to Canada now from some company from the states who picked it up not knowing what to do with it. It's costing more to ship than the actual purchase. It should be here on Feb 08 for inspection. The thing is, they aren't sure whether this thing will work or not...
b) Infant flow nasal canulas: Just gotten confirmation from one of my super cool work places that deals a lot with neonates and they will be donating spare unused supplies, both a bulk set + will continue to keep spares for us. My super cool employer has been wonderfully supportive since I joined them back in July 08.
c) Still need some supplies, but leads are going well. I also received some correspondance from another company that is considering donating a unit capable of providing bilevel positive airway pressure! super cool, but no confirmed donation yet!
d) Presentations: These are slowly coming along. I need to sit down next week and really go through some material to pump out some documents.
e) The abstract was sent last week for the NEPAS (Nepal Pediatric Society) 15th annual conference. I hope to present there. No news back yet.
f) Another super cool company has secured at least 1 and maybe 2 humidifier pots for donation. This is super cool!
g) airline tickets seem decently priced.
h) Presentation booked for Sunday at church
i) Pending presentations at hospitals.
j) My society has volunteered to publish help in their newsletters. They are awesome!

It for now. I'm tired and need sleep

No comments: