11.6.10

The whole world in His hands.... and other songs...

So in the travels today, I got to visit my sister and little niece today. She's actually smiling more now and ridiculously cute as per being a baby.
 
But while vaccuuming the loft, I non-challantly picked up my niece's little playmat - "her world". And then I realized that "I" have her whole world in my hands! To be honest it was a bit of an ego stroke - to hold an entire world in my hands to be able to turn it literally upside down if i wanted to change things around in it...
 
Then I realized that God who 'spoke' the world into existance has the whole world in His hands and that was a humbling thought.. ... ... Having just been at the foothills of the Himalayas, then to the south flatlands of sustainance farmers, to the excessive lifestyle of my native roots, back skiing in May in my homeland - the land of the free, to land of Cowboys and now back home in B-town, to know that there is someone watching over me who sees the world as a little spec is actually quite comforting. All the complaints and things of this world grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.
 
* I would have liked to provide references for these. If anyone knows, please do share.
 
Thanks!

No comments: