25.6.07

25.06.07

More madness today. Went to meet the SGP grp at the restuarant and went thru a lecture on knowing God's will. Then went back to the hospital where our ''Tavaresh" (Russian for comrad) was hard at work with a polypectomy, 2 hydrocoele and 2 appendectomies. I only made it to observe the appendectomies and almost passed out cause I didn't get a chance to really eat since last night.

Continuing to learn a lot at the hospital. we're off to study to make this short. Tomorrow I'll be giving a talk to the traffic police and meeting the SGP grp for dinner afterward.

oh yes, also found out yesterday from the sister (nurse) that I was in the paper a week ago during my talk to the student volunteers to do lung function testing. Anyway, they quoted me saying the most absurd stuff that makes no sense at all. This country of corruption has started to personally tick me off. Perhaps this fatalistic view of things is rubbing off on me. 'ke garne' (what to do) is a phrase we often now speak in response to the tragic situation. People seriously just don't know better. As our tavaresh would say, education is the key. It's quite sad the situation here. We were showed another fully functional washroom that was used as storage today. This is really sad as just outside (within 10 metres) people defecate on the bench in the waiting area.

Anyway, if anyone knows of any place wishing to donate functional medical equipment. Please email me. We're hoping to set up a non-corrupt group of medical workers here to receive this equipment and put it to much needed use.

No comments: