8.3.10

Just about ready

It's the eve of departure day. To say that I'm excited is an understatement, but to say that I'm apprehensive is also an understatement. 

It seems as if the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I feel as if I'm lining up at the marathon startline. Part of me is excited and another part trying to comprehend what ever possessed me to take jepardize my job, take a pay cut, all to go out into the unknown....  But then I come back to the root motivation - realizing that this is a burden that has been placed on my heart. Something I probably can't live with if I just walked on by after seeing first hand the pain and suffering of those in such a beautiful country.

Confirmation came today from my church pastor praying for me in the congregation. I knew then that the church was behind me. It meant a lot; and when he extended open arms to hug me, I think I was still overwhelmed by the privilege it was to represent the finger reaching out to scratch an itch in a hard to get at place. I'll need the help of the other parts (ie. arms, forearm, etc) to get me there and it was nice to see everyone come on board. Additional confirmation came from a friend who came out from Waterloo to send me off. It was nice to also see my uncle and aunt come by to send me off and pray for the trip. Reflecting on all the support, I'm reminded of the immeasureably more than we can ask of imagine that lies ahead...

For a long time it felt like a long uphill battle with countless rejection letters or no responses from vendors/hospitals unable to donate equipment due to legal issues. It has now culminated in almost 10 packages waiting final sealing (ran out of tape). With the help of an ex-beer store worker to help teach the finer details of shrink wrapping packages to be secure, I'm sure that they'll be safe to travel... A special thanks to those that have offered up their vehicles to transport all the goods as well.

So, with less than 22hrs to go and still a bit more to pick up. I'm excited and hopeful.

Wish you were all coming with me to see this awesome country.

Thanks for all your support!


1 comment:

sajoy said...

Encouraged to see that you're taking the risk for something you deeply care about! Pray that all the boxes go through.