22.5.07

07.05.19

Sometime before 0600, the rooster kept crowing again and again. It was a repeated snooze at random intervals - each effectively fulfilling it's purpose.

Anyway finally got up and had our milk tea. Here you either have milk tea or sweet milk tea and usually that's breakfast. Surprisingly, I've gotten used to that rather quicking - this is big change from my usual hearty breakfast. And we were off once again. The water filtration system was put in place once again. This time I ran ahead and filled water to optimize on time. If anyone knows how to loiter or rest, it's the Nepalis. There's never any rushing. Everything is the same. I still feel bad for sometimes making people wait, but it's hardly ever a problem for anyone - I think they are used to it, with the insane amount of things that could go wrong usually always happening.

Anyway, get to the church and fed once again. Service was rather informal in a rectangular room lined with straw mats and supported by bamboo. An aluminium covered laid atop and soil and cow dung were used along the lower half of this 6.5feet high structure. It was very simple, but also very hot. t were enthusiastic about the music, but not so sure how the sermon went. Some people slept, others daydreamed, I'm not sure how many people caught the entire things. Forgive my frankness here, but I think the deacon was all over the place with his message - perhaps it's cause I'm working under my normal skpetical attitude, but I'm really not so sure how we were a blessing to these pepole. I think in order to make this journey more productive, we should spend more time with the people in the church.

Learning of the day: I think I was overwhelmed by all the talking the deacon guy did yesterday. I couldn't understanding, but I guess there's a time to talk and another time not to. During the trek, he didn't say too much - although he did share about how he came to the place he's in now. I actually find him quite interesting - the people here are definitely passionate and driven to share what they know. The skeptical side of me seems to question how intellectual their faith is. That being said the people they reach out to are very simple people and people are coming to the Lord in great numbers. The Lord will work in His way in His time. I'm only to be obedient.

No comments: