6.5.07

Learning so far...

Geniune concern is not something you become methodically convince of, it comes about from conviction - a holy discontent that will prompt you to action. Therefore concern demands action.

In applying to volunteer in Nepal I have already learned a lot. I realized that it's not about what I can do for them; but rather I am willing. The situation is so desperate in Nepal that they will take anyone willing to spare time to be of service to the people there. They live in utter desperation and seem to be willing to take whatever you can offer. I was looking at some of my initial emails that I sent out - they looked like cover letters. Then I looked at some of the last emails I've been sending out to people and reflecting on my own attitude and realized that I've become a lot more concerned about people and their state of need rather than self-absorbed in trying to see what I can offer.

This physically poor nation has taught me a lot about survival already. My faith requires action... James 2

speaking of action.. prayer items....

Luggage: I have plenty of donated medical supplies to ship and struggling to get everything to fit in the 2 check-in bags. I think I'll be grossly overweight/oversized and may require another checkin. Please pray that I might be able to get away with being overweight/oversized. It will be another large expense. After some begging, Qatar Airlines has agreed to match Air Canada's 2 piece check-in allowance. Praise God.
Preparation: Please pray that I can clearly discern and prepare the message for the church there as I go to share about God's work in Brampton, Ontario, and Canada - that I migth be the Spirit's mouthpiece.
Psychological: Please pray that I be centred on Christ and remain fixated on me and what He demands of me.
Loved ones in Canada: that they might be encouraged and continually praying in faith.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Eric,

Sorry, I missed your prayer request e-mail. May I pray for you now?

Lord Jesus, I thank you for leading Eric to serve you in Nepal. Holy Spirit, please protect him by keeping his ears open and sensitive to your guidance. Please use all the supplies that he brings to Nepal for your Kingdom purposes. Show him your love, your passion, at a deeper level through his experiences in Nepal. Bless his willingness. Give him strength and faith. In Jesus' precious name I pray, Amen.