22.5.07

07.05.16

There are seriously too many things to see. On bike it's impossible to see it all. I had a chance to finally go to the Canadian embassy today. Apparently, I've past it every since day, including the very first day I landed. They essentially took a sheet I filled out with emergency contact information. I didn't even talk to someone, perhaps someone will call. Other embassy's looked more protected and inportant - at least that's what it seemed like from the outside.
So walking afforded me to see a lot more detail in the shops that I would normally whiz on by. Still I have limited with time. I muttered enough Nepali to find Kanti Children's Hospital and made it there just in time to take a picture then run home so that I wouldn't be late for church gathering. Silly me forgot that Nepal is in Asia and the time concept or lack-thereof-exsist in this cutlure too...

As I'm sitting here, I discover a hole in my pants. I think it's from sitting on the bike for so long. hmm. I'm guessing this might be a sign to pick up a pair of really cheap pants - hopefully made in Nepal to support local economy. I've become quite proficient at sitting balancing on a bike. All it requires is not moving. I can now sleep whilst holding on.

No comments: